“Israel's capacity for science and research will be tested in the Negev".
Israel’s First Prime Minister
Mission and Vision
We strive to conduct multi-disciplinary, applied and innovative research guided by a clear biotechnology-oriented vision. We bridge the gap between basic academic research to applied innovative projects, according to the bio industry standardization, leading towards preclinical proof-of-concept and successful commercialization of novel ideas and technologies developed by NIBN and BGU researchers.
To fulfil this mission, the NIBN:
- Identifies cutting-edge, innovative, and creative discovery-driven research among researchers from the diverse faculties within BGU setting the base for novel multidisciplinary ideas.
- Provides the necessary funding (research and manpower) and research infrastructure as well as an umbrella of support; project management, IP strategy and management, BD and legal services.
- Leads the research from an early academic idea towards preclinical proof-of-concept according to the bio industry standardization with the support of the NIBN’s professional management team.
- Fosters intellectual property strategy and protection of novel ideas and technologies developed at the NIBN.
- Pursues the commercialization of novel ideas, technologies, and intellectual property generated at the NIBN.
NIBN’s vision is to harness BGU scientific excellence to develop novel, innovative and groundbreaking drugs, technologies and therapeutic modalities which will lead to new therapeutic options for patients and public welfare.
Looking at the future, we envision that the NIBN will lead the University’s continued excellence and contribute to the growth of the bio-industry in Israel and especially in the Negev, while establishing innovative technology-based bio-companies originated from BGU’s life-science and biotechnology research.
Our goal is to become a recognized global player in the biotechnology field and lead the biotechnology industry in the Negev region, and Israel.