Computation biologist position
Description: The National Institute for Biotechnology in the Negev, at Ben-Gurion University, is seeking a talented lead computational biologist. The promising research combines bioinformatics, immunology and protein engineering to develop a new generation of protein therapeutics.
The project is led by Prof. Amir Aharoni and Prof. Tomer Hertz.
A potential position in an exciting new startup initiative with competitive salary and terms offered.
- PhD in computational biology
- Knowledge in computational immunology and adaptive immunology (advantage)
- Protein engineering and design (advantage)
Interested applicants should send their CV and names of references.
Tomer Hertz: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amir Aharoni: email@example.com
M.Sci./PhD/Postdoc position at the Molecular Cognition laboratory
A position is available at the Molecular Cognition Laboratory in Ben-Gurion University
Medical School (Beer Sheva, Israel), The National Institute for Biotechnology
in the Negev.
The position is offered to develop new drugs for cognitive enhancement. The interested candidates can check our recent publications to understand the area of research better
- Sánchez-Puelles, C., et al. PTEN Activity Defines an Axis for Plasticity at Cortico-Amygdala Synapses and Influences Social Behavior. Cereb Cortex (2020).
- Ildefonso, M., et al. Evidence of conditioned behavior in amoebae. Nature communications 10, 1-12 (2019).
- Knafo, S., et al. Facilitation of AMPA receptor synaptic delivery as a molecular mechanism for cognitive enhancement. PLoS Biol 10, e1001262 (2012).
- Knafo, S., et al. PTEN recruitment controls synaptic and cognitive function in Alzheimer’s models. Nat Neurosci 19, 443-453 (2016).
- Knafo, S. & Esteban, J.A. PTEN: Local and Global Modulation of Neuronal Function in Health and Disease. Trends in neurosciences (2017).
- Arendt, K.L., et al. PIP3 controls synaptic function by maintaining AMPA receptor clustering at the postsynaptic membrane. Nat Neurosci 13, 36-44 (2010).
The ideal candidates for the position should have M.Sci. or Ph.D. degrees with experience in molecular biology/electrophysiology/animal behavior.
Interested candidates should forward their research interests, curriculum vitae along with the name and contact information of three referees to Dr. Shira Knafo; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postdoc position at the Hertz lab
The Hertz lab at Ben-Gurion University has an opening for a postdoctoral position for an NIBN funded project on flaviviruses and vaccines. This is an ongoing project which will lead to rapid publications within a year
- PhD in life sciences
- Ability to work independently and design experiments
Experience with: Elisa, flow-cytometry, cell culture, RNA extraction and qRT-PCR, working with mice (optional), viral assays (optional)
A Neuroimmunology lab is looking for postdocs/researchers with PhD
Research topics include basic and applicative aspects of autoimmunity, stress, brain inflammation and neurodegenerative diseases
Suitable candidates will enjoy a highly diverse and active research team, cutting-edge experimental systems , and advanced fellowship
For more information contact Prof. Alon Monsonego: email@example.com